- Sale ItemsProducts we currently have on sale.
- New ItemsProducts we've added within the last 3 months.
- Top TenTop Ten list of best selling products for July
- BusinessCreate a business account for your caf?, church, school, etc..
- BPS® BlogPromotions, recipes, tips and more!
- Ask the ProsArticles, tools and other
information to help you grow your business.
- Extra Shot®
Born & Raised on Mt. Hood
Feeling inspired by a connection to the land and his own passion for adventure, Jason Pastega put his favorite organic ingredients into a kitchen mixer and spread his first bars with a rolling pin in 2008. Six months later, Skout Backcountry was born.
“In 2008, while on Mt. Hood, I stopped to refuel and pulled out a so called ‘healthy’ snack. While reading the ingredient list, I quickly realized I needed a chemistry degree to understand what it was made of. Returning to Portland, I began my quest to come up with a solution.”
Jason's yellow Labrador and fellow adventure-seeker, Skout, was part of the inspiration behind the name. To “scout” - to explore, to search, to observe - ties directly into the company’s adventure mentality.
Today, Skout retains an unrelenting commitment to sourcing the best ingredients from the best places on earth. This starts in Skout's own backyard - Portland, Oregon. The incredibly simple amount of ingredients that go into each bar is a source of pride for Skout Backcountry, Jason Pastega and the individuals that make it all work behind the scenes.
You are viewing retail prices. Click here to learn about cafè and business pricing.